Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Memory Theatre

Foolowing suit with my epitath, I used many references from the ghetto days. I was given a list of fifteen items to memorize from a friend. If you were to walk up to my house the first thing you would see is a Yuban coffee can used as an ashtray on the front porch. Enter the front door and next to the couch sits a mushroom footrest, not the most comfortable of seats. On the book shelf rests a set of steel dice and dominoes made by my cousin while incarcerated in L.A. county. Many of nights we would spend a considerable amount of time putting dents into the wooden fold out table my uncle left while having one too many Crazy Horses. if you continue to the kitchen, next to the spice rack lay a giant bottle of Lawry's seasoning salt, used for just about every meal in our household. It makes me laugh no because right next to that were three jars of grease; bacon, fish, and other. Turn down the hallway to see a large poster of the torch runner who came running through the neighborhood for the 1984 summer Olympics. Now we enter the room my brother and I share. A bunk bed with a bass amp for a stepping stool to the top bunk are straight ahead. A life size poster of Bo Jackson on the closet stare at you and on the other side of the room a tribute of Iron Maiden plastered into a colague. Also in our room sat a black and white t.v. with an Atari gaming system, with a miniature Donkey Kong and Pacman arcade system. Loads of hours were poured into each one of those systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment